Thursday, May 26, 2011

should I?

Supposedly, there were four interviews to attend. I've packed my bags with all the formal clothes, tried to remember some basics on contract law, islamic banking, admiralty law as much as possible and wish that I can remember during the interview. I planned if possible, I'd like to do my chambering in a firm which has anything to do with shipping law or international trade, because that's what I planned to further my studies into.

Alas! I only went to the first interview and missed the rest. I am not sure whether I should call it a good interview or otherwise. I reached there early, waited in the lobby for about 10 minutes. Got called and was asked to fill in the application form, which I did it in a few minutes. Then came the boring part; waiting. Yeah, they made me wait for 30 minutes. And the staffs can see what I was doing (practically nothing!) as they pass by. Then the partner came, asked me a few questions like which do you prefer; conveyancing or litigation, and when can you start, and what if there were other firms that offered you a position, in which I asked those question honestly. I think. Haha.

The firm is different than what I want. They only do banking. 95% banking. At first, I thought maybe this is not the suitable firm for me, because I'm not interested in banking in the first place. So, I thought why get involved in something that you don't like? And they want me to start on 1st June! I was thinking of starting later. I need a break, plus, there's a reunion coming!! I don't want to miss it!! >.< Their pay is good though, in line with the lifestyle in KL. And the place is strategic, in the heart of KL, near to my aunt's workplace, so there's no need for me to bring my car, yet.

Then after the interview, I went to Sogo, while waiting for my aunt to finish her work. It ended at 3.30, so I have to wait like an hour and a half. And imagine wearing heels, carrying your file and coat, it was kind of exhausting. I've circled the place two or three times, before I went out to go to Mukmin bookstore, bought two novels and two magazines, went to Secret Recipe for some refreshments, before walking back to BNM.

Oh, I forgot to tell you. They called back. And I got the position. Which brings me to this dilemma of whether I should accept it or not? Parents gave the expected answer; take it. Some friends also suggested the same. I'm still uncertain. Should I? Because I'm not sure if this can take me to where I want to go. All this while people say to get the job you love. Now that it's the opposite, I'm not sure whether I can love the job that I get.

No comments: