Wednesday, May 26, 2010

No longer Black

I have some principles that I hope to hold on to for the rest of my life. Among them are no smoking or even try to, no drinking, no clubbing even if you have the chance, no betraying, and stay natural as the way God creates me. So far, those principles are still staying strong, which I have to say is a surprising and a good thing for someone who is easily influenced by anything that she finds interesting.

One of my principle is stay black. My hair that is...hope there's no misunderstanding there. hehe... yes, just like many other Asians, I have black hair, and proud of it. I seem to have this sort of thinking that black is the best colour of all. But that all changed when I set my eyes on purple. It was love at first sight, and eventually, black became number two. I used to wonder, why would anyone wants to colour their hair? Their original colour is beautiful enough. It matches with their eyes and skin tone. I used to think that those people are ungrateful and unsatisfied of what that has been given to them.

And today, I am one of them. It's no longer black. My black locks are no longer natural black like it has been for the past 22 years. I dyed my hair this evening, with the help from dearest mother. It was one new experience, I have to say. I didn't know dyeing your hair can be a messy thing to do. Not to mention the smell...ugh! I hate it!!! But in the end, I am satisfied with the result. I didn't get the exact result that I imagined in my head, but as long as people notice the colour, it's fine by me. It's not made permanently anyway...it'll go off within 2 weeks from now.

Did I regret colouring it? Somewhat. Because I realised that one of the principles have been broken. But honestly, I felt more excited than being angry of myself. True, I made changes from what has been given, but it is not something permanent, like plastic surgery. Plus, I can still perform my prayers, so that lessen the anxiousness. I guess what was I thinking when I decided to do this was that it is not wrong to try something new. Perhaps this is my only time and chance to do it. Now that I have the opportunity, I don't see the reason why I should restrain myself from trying something beyond my expectation. Of course, many will disagree...thus I sincerely apologise if this view of mine is offensive.

So now, as I am writing this, I have burgundy hair...

No comments: