Saturday, February 26, 2011

I'm an opera singer

NOT!

would like to be one though...haha...dream on honey...

Ok la...we had our Civil Procedure II; hereinafter referred to as CP (cewah!) lecture this morning, for three hours straight, from 9 a.m. till 12 noon. We were supposed to present our legal firm's company profile...we were one of the remaining groups that have not presented our company profile, and we thought that we could present it today...

But alas! Our turn has been postponed to next Saturday!!! haih...I'm starting to lose the mood and enthusiasm to present the company profile. Plus I'm being a little, a LITTLE, disappointed when it seemed that it wasn't entirely the students fault for further delaying the presentation, but also the lecturer! I prefer not to expose on what she did that caused the postponement, for fear of any spies or reporters who happened to read this post and will send an informal complain and report to the lecturer...hahaha...

So anyways, after the lecture, we decided to go karaoke! It has been so long since we use this method as a way of releasing stress! Plus there's a new karaoke in Cmart so we thought why not go there and try 'karaoke-ing'? there instead of Jitra? It's nearer, newer and cheaper. We booked a room for an hour and so began our moment of becoming the next American Idol and Glee cast members wannabes!! Bajet suara sedap giler padahal out of tune semua! hahahaha....

This new place is definitely way better than the one they have in Jitra. Compared to Jitra, this KBox has bigger space, a sofa, better sound system, and lets just say, more modern...where we use touchscreen monitor in choosing the songs instead of typing the song code using a remote control or a mini keypad that almost resembling a calculator (except that the 'plus' sign is replaced by an 'Enter') LOL! Also, the songs are updated and have more choices than those in Jitra. We had a fun time singing our hearts out...it really helped me with my stress...I sang until I almost crack my voice...hahaha!!

I chose mostly old songs...Oldies! =p Well, I am after all one of the faithful listener of Lite.Fm and oldies has always been my favourite. Not just because of their melody but also their lyrics, which I find are more meaningful than most songs today... Come to think of it, the choices were rather funny cute songs, like Paul Anka 'Calendar Girl', Perry Como 'Catch a Falling Star', not forgetting Diana Ross 'Stop! In the Name of Love,' Madonna's 'Like a Prayer', 'Copacabana', and many others which I have forgotten. Too bad they don't have Abba, because most of their songs are among my favourites...!

And it didn't end there, for me that is!
When we returned to college, my roomate was not back from 'Big Field' (PADANG BESAR...bajet nak translate nama tmpat...mentang2 amik translation thun lps...hahaha!). So, still in the singing mode, I turned on my laptop, and played my favourite songs! This time, it was mostly opera like songs, like Andrea Bocelli's 'Melodramma' and 'Time To Say Goodbye', some Glee songs which I absolutely adore, and songs from Andrew Lloyd Webber 'Love Never Dies'. I sang along as I sat on the floor, and a few minutes later singing while lying on the floor, kononnya nak practice breathing technique for better singing skills...I am not sure if that is a right way, but when I sat up again and sang Melodramma, my voice wasn't as bad as before...(takpun aku ni yang perasan sorang-sorang bajet suara sedap...hahahaha!)

Yessss....I love songs like that. Opera, sentimental, choir...The ones that can give me goosebumps but at the same time entertain me with their sentimental melody and beautiful, meaningful lyrics. Many don't expect me to have such interest, probably because of how they see me, judging me based on physical appearance per se... Well, if there's one thing I like about getting to know a person inside and out, is the surprises than we receive from them. Sometimes we never can expect that a person whom we see as a total opposite of us actually has more common interest with us than we have with our friends.

No comments: