Wednesday, June 2, 2010

update

I am currently doing my law practical in a legal firm in Tawau, Sabah. This is the second day I'm undergoing this assignment. And I hope to do it will full commitment and dedication!!! yeah! (over!)

Truthfully, I still cannot believe that I am in Tawau Sabah. I mean, it's Sabah! This is the first time I am in a place where there's no relatives, or a group of friends coming along. This is a whole new version of experiences, totally different from going to National Service or Student Exchange Programme to Fukuoka. I am staying with my friend, Datin Miemi and her family for a month. So far, I enjoyed it here. It's a small town and yet a friendly one and there's many new things that I find every day. I hope to bring home some pearls for my family! hehe...

Of course, the first time or first day of my arrival to the firm, I feel a bit of an outsider. One thing is because I don't know any of them, while my friend knew them already, so there is already a bond existed. The second is because maybe I personally find myself awkward because despite speaking the same native tongue language, I am the only one who don't speak 'Baku'. Hehe... After all, it was my first day. That's just my personal problem to adaptation. Mind that I am a very difficult person to adapt into a new situation/environment and a difficult person when it comes to socializing. But it gets less awkward, thanks to the friendliness of the boss and the other workers.

At first, I don't know what have I got myself into by putting a legal firm in Sabah into my practical application, and to think that it got chosen, was completely bizarre and surprising! But then, every cloud has a silver lining right? Maybe I'll find something here. Something hidden, something memorable, something worth learning and remembering for the rest of my life, and like my acceptance here; something bizarre and truly unexpected...

p/s: just witnessed how small this world is....

No comments: